Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We made it !!!

This is Julie...

Jason called on Monday evening to let me know their plane was delayed at XNA. He was worried because even with the plane on time, they would only have one hour to get to their next flight in Chicago. The plane ended up being 30 minutes late, but they made it to Chicago and had to RUN to catch their next flight to London. Jason called back to say that he was the last one to board the plane to London and they immediately shut the door behind him. He was so thankful that they made it on time and didn't have to spend the night in Chicago.

Jason called Tuesday morning to let me know they had arrived safely in London and were going downtown to eat. He said the team was doing well and everyone was excited to have a few hours in London.

Jason texted me at 1:52am this morning to let me know they arrived safely in Uganda and were just getting off the plane. He texted me again this morning at 8:16am to say they were at the orphanage and were getting settled in. He said that as of now, they do not have any internet capabilities. I know the team took a computer and wireless router to set up for the Pastor at the orphanage, so hopefully Jason will be able to blog about what God is doing through the team in the next couple of days. Until then, I will blog for him as he requests.

Please continue to pray for our Missionaries from First Baptist Church!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for letting us know they arrived safely. I have thought of them many, many times over the past few days. I can't wait to see what God is going to do for them!
Jenny
I Corinthians 2:9

Car said...

yay ya'll made it!!!! Im so excited to hear about what God is doing in all of ya'lls lives!!! I hope that these next several days God will use all of ya'll in many ways...continue to be positive and trust in the Lord! I send all my love!!!! :)

Cardie!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so happy to hear about your safe arrival. I know God will do so many amazing things through you all this next week and a half. I'm so excited to hear everything about your experiences. I'll keep praying for you all. Have an awesome time!

Love,
Elizabeth

Linsey Samuels said...

I have been thinking so much of everyone!!! iam so excited to hear all the great things God is doing in your lives!!!

Love alwys,
LiNsEy!!